Museu Lasar Segall

Idealizado pela viúva de Lasar Segall, Jenny Klabin Segall, o Museu Lasar Segall foi criado como uma associação civil sem fins lucrativos em 1967 pelos filhos do casal, Mauricio Segall e Oscar Klabin Segall. A antiga residência e ateliê do artista, projetados em 1932 por seu concunhado, o arquiteto Gregori Warchavchik, abrigam a instituição. Em 1985, o Museu foi incorporado à Fundação Nacional Pró-Memória, e é hoje uma unidade do Instituto Brasileiro de Museus – Ibram, autarquia do Ministério da Cultura.

Além de seu acervo museológico, o Museu constitui-se como um centro de atividades culturais, oferecendo programas de visitas educativas, cursos nas áreas de gravura, fotografia e literatura, e abriga um cinema e uma biblioteca especializada em artes do espetáculo e fotografia.

Created by Lasar Segall’s widow, Jenny Klabin Segall, the Lasar Segall Museum was created as a non-profit civil association in 1967 by the couple’s children, Mauricio Segall and Oscar Klabin Segall. The former residence and studio of the artist, designed in 1932 by his brother-in-law, architect Gregori Warchavchik, houses the institution. In 1985, the Museum was incorporated into the National Pro-Memory Foundation, and today it is a unit of the Brazilian Institute of Museums – Ibram, an autarchy of the Ministry of Culture.

In addition to its museological collection, the Museum constitutes itself as a center of cultural activities, offering educational visits programs, courses in the areas of printmaking, photography and literature, and houses a cinema and a library specialized in the performing arts and photography.

Endereço: Rua Berta, 111
Visitação: De quarta a segunda-feira, das 11h às 19h

Address: 111, Berta Street
Hours: From Wednesdays to mondays, from 11am to 7pm

Visitar site